• • • •
This last Saturday some ladies and I got together and hosted a baby shower for one of my dear friends. She is expecting a little boy next month and we can’t wait to meet him. At the party we served cake, mints, nuts and I made ginger almond tea. I got the recipe from Susie, a Boise City local, and it was a complete hit. Next time I serve this I might add champagne or wine to the mixture! (Thanks for the idea, Kassidi)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 5 tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 liter ginger ale – chilled
- In a large bowl pour boiling water over tea bags.
- Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, stir in sugar, water, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Add ginger ale right before serving. Makes 3 quarts