In my small, isolated town we have one grocery store. While our nice little grocery store has pretty much everything I need, it doesn’t always have the largest variety of produce. So, when I see brussels sprouts I get a little excited. They are an easy and fast side dish that my husband and I can enjoy.
• • • •
Parmesan, Garlic, Lemon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, plus some for serving
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and dry the brussels sprouts. Cut off the end/stem and slice in half lengthwise.
- Toss the brussels sprouts, the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Place brussels sprouts on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes then toss. Bake for another 10-15 or until golden brown on edges.
- Serve warm with more lemon juice to taste and topped with parmesan cheese.
Hope you enjoy!
x – c